I finally managed to put together a page that contains Marketing resources (mostly free) that I collected over the years. I have personally used almost all of them and found that they helped with my projects. And since the goal of this blog is “Simpler Marketing” I thought it would be a good idea to share them with you.
I grouped the information into six major categories as follows:
- Brand Management and Marketing advice: this section includes a collection of “How To” articles I have written since this blog’s inception. These are very popular topics based on the number of hits each article received as well as the debate they generated.
- Market research: in my opinion marketers can never have enough information about their target market and the industry they compete in. Hopefully the websites I listed will help you get a better idea of who you are marketing your products to and the latest trends in your industry. Unfortunately the current information is limited to North America. I encourage my international readers to send me research information pertaining to their markets and I would be happy to share them with everybody.
- Publications: this section contains links to reputable magazines that address Marketing and Brand Management topics. I am sure most of you are already reading them, but I just thought it would be a good idea to have them all in one place.
- Professional associations: becoming a member of an association or just visiting their websites from time to time is a great way to stay up-to-date on current Marketing issues. They also provide great networking opportunities.
- Professional certification: since Marketing is not a regulated profession, certification is a good alternative to build your credibility in the industry. I am personally pursuing the Professional Certified Marketer designation offered by the American Marketing Association. I will provide more details in a separate post.
- Tools to monitor your brand and the competition: although this is not a social media blog I found the websites I listed in this section to be very useful for monitoring what people are saying about your brand.
I will continue to add to the Free Resources page as I learn about new tools and resources that can simplify your Marketing. I suggest bookmarking this page for your reference and convenience. I also encourage you to send me information about other tools that make your job as a marketer easier and I will add them to the list.
If you enjoyed this article I invite you to subscribe to this blog by e-mail or RSS feed and be the first to receive the latest articles on Marketing and Brand Management issues.